When the temperature starts to heat up in the Philippines, it’s time to start planning for summer. Apart from going on a road trip and exploring some of the 7,107 islands in the country, you know what’s a better way to celebrate the season? Going to music (and arts) festivals!
Mark your calendars and spend summer celebrating music, arts, and life through these amazing events:
1. Malasimbo Music and Arts Festival, Puerto Galera, Mindoro
Set to happen on March 6 to 8, the Malasimbo Music and Arts Festival aims to promote the Filipino heritage by focusing on Malasimbo’s Four Pillars: arts, music, indigenous people, and environment. Attendees of the festival, which debuted in 2011, has more than doubled over the years. The Department of Tourism has recognized it as a major contributor in the continued advance of the country’s arts, culture, and music.
This year’s line-up include:
- Bleu Rascals
- Ky-Mani Marley
- Taylor McFerrin
- Fred Wesley and the New JB’s
- Noli Aurillo
- Chris Verayo
- Catalina Africa
- Billy Bonnevie
2. Summer Siren Festival, Crystal Beach, Zambales
Now on its second year, Summer Siren Festival is one of the few music festivals I’ve attended with my best friends. It celebrates the Philippine’s wonderful shores and world-class music. To be held on April 17 to 19, this three-day festival won’t just feature some of the best DJs and artists in the country. Fun activities are also waiting for you, including yoga sessions and CrossFit Alpha Strike workouts in the morning. You can also sign up for different classes, such as poi, hand-drumming, and hula hooping.
Some of the bands and DJs who are set to perform in the festival are:
- Marc Marasigan
- Moonstar 88
- Ace Ramos
- Deuce Manila
- Vince Teotico
- Niki Rojas
You can choose from three main travel packages:
- Lifestyle Network Glamping — where you can camp in style at the camp grounds
- San Felipe Packages — where a range of accommodations from different resorts are available.
- San Narciso Packages — similar to San Felipe packages, it offers accommodations to some of the nearby resorts in the area.
Under the San Felipe and San Narciso Packages, you can pick the type of accommodation the suits your needs and budget. Your options include:
- Camp — only available in San Narciso
- Adventure Fan
- Adventure A/C — only available in San Narciso
- Regular Fan
- Regular A/C — only available in San Narciso
3. Wanderland Music and Arts Festival, Circuit Makati, Makati City
Gear up and feel nothing but good vibes on April 25 when Wanderland takes you to a world of music, fun, and adventure. Brought to you by Globe Telecom, the festival gives you a surreal camp experience packed with exciting activities. Spend your day enjoying live art, obstacle courses, treasure hunts, and music exhibitions.
Some of the artists who will be performing in this one-day event are:
- Kid Cudi
- Youngblood Hawke
- Kate Torralba
- The After-School Special
- BP Valenzuela
You can get your tickets at SM Tickets.
Got no plans for summer yet? Get your friends together and join any (or all) of these fun festivals. See you!