Last Thursday, Feb 18, 2016, Go Negosyo welcomed more than 10,000 participants at the World Trade Center for the 8th Filipina Entrepreneurship Summit (FES8), a one-day event focused on empowering Filipinas and lifting their entrepreneurial spirit.
The event was attended by women from all walks of life. We met students, businesswomen, aspiring entrepreneurs, bloggers, teachers, and leaders.
The Filipina Entrepreneurship Summit is a yearly tradition that recognizes women in various industries and their capacity to lead progress and create change. By helping women have a positive mindset and providing them concepts and tools, the FES8 hopes to encourage more Filipinas to pursue their journey to success.
This year’s event was attended by women in governance, including Sen. Grace Poe, Cong. Leni Robredo, and Sen, Cynthia Villar.
Women icons, such as Karen Davila, were also present at the summit.
During the event, Go Negosyo awarded 18 inspiring Filipinas. Sen. Cynthia Villar and Cong. Cynthia Villar shared the stage to congratulate these amazing ladies:
- Cristina Liamzon of Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship Program
- Fatima Lorenzo of Kythe Foundation
- Lydia Malot of Lydia’s Nata de Coco
- Teresita Valdez of Viana Food Condiments
- Amina Aranaz-Alunan of ARANAZ and SoFa Design Institute
- Adelfa Borro of Ted’s Oldtime La Paz Batchoy
- Delby Bragais of The North Road Image and Fashion Group
- Evelyn Lao-Yap of Benby Enterprise
- Rossana Llenado of AHEAD Learning System
- Rowena Matti of Galileo Enrichment Program
- Sherill Quintana of Oryspa Spa Solutions
- Yolanda Sevilla of The Leather Collection
- Judith Versoza of Aveate Management Group
- Martine Cajucom of Sunnies Studios
- Bea Soriano-Dee of Sunnies Studios
- Georgina Wilson of Sunnies Studios
- Elizabeth Lahoz of The Technological Institute of the Philippines
- Abba Napa of The Moment Group
The summit was supported by various institutions, businesses and media groups, including DepED, DSWD, DTI, Epson, OLX, San Miguel Corporation, GMA, and TAG Media and Public Relations.